Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 29 January 2023
1) Pawan Agarwal and Vadiraj Kulkarni have been elected as New President and Vice President respectively of Indian Paper Manufacturers Association (IPMA).
➨ IPMA is the apex and national body which represents the interests and development of the paper industry in the country.
2) The 30th National Child Science Congress is being organised from 27 January to 31 January at Science City in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
➨ Secretary of Gujarat Science and Technology department Vijay Nahera inaugurated the Congress in the virtual presence of Education minister Kuber Dindor.
➨CM – Bhupendra Patel
➨Governor – Acharya Devvrat
➠ Marine( Gulf of Kachchh) WLS
➠Nal Sarovar Bird Santuary
➠ Kakrapar Nuclear Power Plant
➠ Narayan Sarovar wildlife sanctuary
➠ Sardar Sarovar Hydro Electric Power Plant
➠Porbandar Lake wildlife sanctuary
3) Union Health Minister Dr Mansukh Mandaviya and Science and Technology Minister Jitendra Singh launched India’s first made nasal vaccine against Covid-19 iNCOVACC.
➨ The vaccine has been made by Bharat Biotech.
4) Noted architect and Padma Bhushan awardee Balkrishna Doshi passed away at the age of 95.
➨Doshi has the distinction of having worked with stalwarts in the field such as Corbusier and Louis Kahn.
5) Veteran Telugu film actor and former parliamentarian J Jamuna passed away.
➨Born in Hampi on August 30, 1936, Jamuna made her film debut at the age of 16 with Puttillu (1952).
6) Central Government has launched a new portal named U-WIN for the purpose of registration and vaccination of pregnant women.
➨Immunization card will be created for pregnant women and children under Abha ID (Ayushman Bharat health account).
7) The 2023 edition of Indian Navy’s major maritime exercise TROPEX, is currently underway in the Indian Ocean Region.
➨ This operational level exercise is conducted biennially and witnesses participation by all Indian Navy units, Indian Army, Indian Airforce & Coast Guard assets.
8) Chandigarh Administrator Banwari Lal Purohit inaugurated northern India’s largest floating solar power project of 2000kWp worth Rs 11.70 crore at waterworks, Sector 39.
➨He also inaugurated a 500kWp floating solar project with fountains at Dhanas Lake.
9) In Ladakh, the annual Ethnic Mamani Festival was organised at Historical Styangkung Village and Chiktan Shagaran by the Himalayan Cultural Heritage Foundation (HCHF) and Ladakh Tourism Department.
10) Michelle Yeoh became the first Asian to bag an Oscar nomination for Best Actress for her movie “The ‘Everything Everywhere All at Once”.
11) Chief Justice of India (CJI) Dhananjaya Y Chandrachud announced during the inauguration of the online e-inspection software that the judgments delivered by the Supreme Court will now be translated into four languages — Hindi, Tamil, Gujarati and Odia.
12) Visakhapatnam railway station of East Coast Railway has been awarded the ‘Green Railway Station Certification with highest rating of Platinum’ by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
13) The third edition of the annual Orange festival 2023 was organised at Rusoma village in Kohima, Nagaland.
CM – Neiphiu Rio
Governor – Jagdish Mukhi
Shilloi Lake, Meluri
Kohima War Cemetery
Tokhu Emong Festival
14) The Indian Railways has introduced the “Ideal Train Profile” to maximise the capacity utilisation and revenue generation in reserved mail express trains by regularly analysing the demand pattern of every single train.
15) The Rashtrapati Bhavan gardens has been renamed as Amrit Udyan.
➨The step was taken on the occasion of the celebrations of 75 years of India’s Independence, ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
➨ “Amrit Udyan”, earlier known as Mughal Gardens, will open for the public from January 31, 2023.