1.PLEDGE (NOUN): oath
Synonyms: promise, vow
Antonyms: breach, break
Example Sentence: The UNFCCC underlined the fulfilment of national pledges related to carbon emission.
2. INADEQUATE (ADJECTIVE): lacking the quality
Synonyms: deficient, meager
Antonyms: abundant, enough
Example Sentence: The agreement would be inadequate to keep global warming below 2°C.
3. IMPERATIVE (ADJECTIVE): of vital importance
Synonyms: compulsory, obligatory Antonyms: trivial, optional
Example Sentence: It is equally imperative to examine the progress of climate targets.
4. INCLUSIVE (ADJECTIVE): including all the services
Synonyms: comprehensive, broad Antonyms: exclusive, narrow
Example Sentence: The fastest trains are maintaining inclusive speeds of 45km/sec.
5. COLLABORATION (NOUN): alliance Synonyms: association, partnership Antonyms: disunion, separation Example Sentence: With the collaboration, he undertook the preparation of an inventory.
6. VITAL (ADJECTIVE): essential Synonyms: crucial, necessary Antonyms: optional, secondary Example Sentence: States are a vital part of the grand coalition between the two countries.
7. GRAVITATE (VERB): drift
Synonyms: incline, tend
Antonyms: ascend, increase
Example Sentence: They gravitate to these areas.
8. STAGGER (VERB): move unsteadily Synonyms: careen, lurch
Antonyms: continue, stay
Example Sentence: These numbers are staggering but they are only the tip of the iceberg.
9. LOATHE (VERB): feel intense dislike or disgust for
Synonyms: abhor, execrate
Antonyms: admire, cherish
Example Sentence: Unfortunately, agencies seem to be loathe to cooperate.
10. EVOCATIVE (ADJECTIVE): memories Synonyms: expressive, redolent Antonyms: unreminiscent
Example Sentence: The team felt that ‘Into the heart of Darkness’ was evocative enough to bring out a range of issues.