1. Arachnophobia – The fear of spiders affects women four times more (48% women and 12% men).
2. Ophidiophobia – The fear of snakes. Phobics avoid certain cities because they have more snakes.
3. Acrophobia – The fear of heights. Five percent of the general population suffer from this phobia.
4. Agoraphobia – The fear of open or crowded spaces. People with this fear often wont leave home.
5. Cynophobia – The fear of dogs. This includes everything from small Poodles to large Great Danes.
6. Astraphobia – The fear of thunder/lightning AKA Brontophobia, Tonitrophobia, Ceraunophobia.
7. Claustrophobia – The fear of small spaces like elevators, small rooms and other enclosed spaces.
8. Mysophobia – The fear of germs. It is also rightly termed as Germophobia or Bacterophobia.
9. Aerophobia – The fear of flying .
25 million Americans share a fear of flying.
10. Trypophobia – The fear of holes is an unusual but pretty common phobia.
11. Carcinophobia – The fear of cancer . People with this develop extreme diets.
12. Thanatophobia – The fear of death . Even talking about death can be hard.
13. Glossophobia – The fear of public speaking
14. Monophobia – The fear of being alone . Not being able to do speeches. . Even while eating and/or sleeping.
15. Atychiphobia – The fear of failure . It is the single greatest barrier to success.
16. Ornithophobia – The fear of birds . Individuals suffering from this may only fear certain species.
17. Alektorophobia – The fear of chickens . You may have this phobia if chickens make you panic.
18. Enochlophobia – The fear of crowds is closely related to Ochlophobia and